Tools That Keep You on Track and Going Fast
The Customer Engagement Model is defined in the Online Playbook with templates, procedures, and reports. The Online Playbook is the primary repository of market, competitive, and customer data, e.g., objections, that drives pivots, defines the as-is status of SyncDev, and the next steps. The Playbook is the right hand of the coach to manage the process and achieve required outcomes.
Planning, Execution, Analysis, and Reporting Tools
For example, one of the most important on-line reports shows product and customer status in one view. If they’re both in sync and the customer relationships are secure, ten or more customers would be clustered horizontally around the vertical bar product-status bar at or near the topside of the funnel, the vertical axis of which indicates purchase probability.
SyncMeter Shows If Product and Customers are In Sync
- Product development status Gantt chart. Vertical line extends down to the funnel
- Customer relationship sales funnel. The funnel is turned sideways because gravity doesn’t pull customers through a funnel. It’s more like pushing water uphill
- Vertical location of customers in the funnel shows the purchase probability
- Customer names in the funnel are color coded and linked to VOC Database reports
Tools consist of on-line forms, templates, databases, algorithms, and reports. They enable project planning, execution, analysis, and reporting. Some tools have multiple roles, but their first use occurs in the order below. They bring precision and discipline to what is ordinarily a seat-of-the-pants process. They straighten out the kinks in the normal path and accelerate your travel which improves return-on-risk.
Workflow Tools Starting From Top Left
- Step-by-Step Wizard to assist beginning users
- Team-member template to assign roles and assess readiness
- Calendar of milestones which influence team composition
- Market Matrix app to hypothesize segments and good prospects
- Business Model Driver template of issues that will drive the business model
- Business Model Pivot Table to hypothesize the starting model and deduce pivots
- Pitch template to present and test-sell your product
- Get-the-Meeting Guide to set up meetings with good prospects
- Wave Meeting Guide to pre-brief, conduct, and debrief each meeting
- Voice of the Customer Database to transcribe, report on, and analysis data
Analysis and Reporting Tools
- SyncMeter report to measure customer and product synchronicity
- Business Case Analyzer to assess the quality of the business model
- Success Meter report to show is if success is likely
- Comp Analysis template for comparables, complements, and competitors
- Progress and Final Report template for reporting to management
The SyncDev Customer Engagemment Model, Coach, and Online-Playbook provide a clear development path for most new products, consumer and business. If you regularly develop new products and you’ve used SyncDev two or three times, you may want to certify certain of your personnel as SyncDev coaches and subscribe to the Online Playbook for concurrent team use over a longer period than the six-month standard. This would minimize your on-going reliance on SyncDev, Inc.